In August 2010 I decided to update and publish my bucket list! Since then, I have enjoyed reading the lists of fellow travelers and find myself adding new items from time to time.
That being said, I figured it was time to display the list in a more prominent position than simply being listed in one post.
If I haven’t seen your bucket list before, please share
My “It doesn’t happen to you, you happen to life” List
Be in Dublin, Ireland on March 17. March 2010
Spend a week in California by 2010. April 2008
Go to Las Vegas again. March 2006
Live in another country for a year. May ’10 – April ’11
Welcome a new year in front of the Sydney Opera House and Bridge. NYE 2011
– Travel around India with a friend (and be there for Holi).
– Take my friend up on her offer to visit her in Greece in the summer.
– Get messy in Spain at La Tomatina.
– Experience a hamam…I wanted to in Istanbul and didn’t.
– Eat up at Eurochocolate, Europe’s largest chocolate festival in Italy.
– Spend time in New Zealand.
– Visit Thailand, Malayasia, & Singapore.
– See the Petronas Towers, Taipei 101, and Burj Dubai.
– Visit southern and southeastern Africa.
– Travel through Patagonia and visit Peru.
– Take a microlight flight over Victoria Falls.
– See the northern lights.
– Spend the night in an ice hotel.
– Find a partner and do a massive American road trip, complete with tons of crazy stops.
– Find the perfect hat, dress up & attend the Kentucky Derby.
Do a tandem skydive. July 2007
Deliver a karaoke performance. July 2010
– Zip line. Somewhere, anywhere!
– Skinny dip in the ocean.
– Hike part of the AT with a friend.
– Do a 5k and run the entire thing.
– Take Bhangra and/or Bollywood dance classes.
MAKE ME SMILE
– Walk in the snow whenever I have the chance.
– Learn how to make various types of espresso drinks from a barista.
– Kiss in the rain.
– Be an extra in a movie.
– Take a photography class.
– Take drum lessons…I have wanted to play since I was 16.
– Take a sign language class…have been interested since I was very young.
GOALS (and not so much bucket list-ish)
– Visit NYC at least once every three years.
– Visit my friends in London at least once every five years.
– Go to the Outer Banks of North Carolina (OBX) each summer as I have for all but five years of my life.
– Invest time and money learning how to cook. I bake, but I rarely cook, and I am sure I would love it if I tried.
– Relearn Spanish so I don’t put all of those years of high school and early college study to waste.
– Resume baking gluten and dairy-free recipes once I have the ingredients and a kitchen again. (check out the foodie sites on my Links page)
– Resume Turbo Jam and Zumba workouts as soon as possible (i.e., when I can take a class or have a DVD player).
– Volunteer with an organization at least once every two weeks when I’m settled/living in one place.
– Work for organizations that promote healthy lifestyles and have a positive culture.
– Continue performing in plays at church once I’m back home.
And there you have it! While I’m not guaranteed a tomorrow to tackle the list, hopefully I have many more to come.